Popular Posts

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Wisdom

I remember watching Bruce Almighty, and there is a part where Jim Carey ask Morgan Freeman why doesn't God just give you patience and Morgan Freeman said, because that's not how he works. He puts you into situation that develop the patience, don't quote me but it was something like that. Anyway when I heard this I was like wow, another lesson kicked and some questions had been answered.

Flash back to 1984, my cousin had left some books with me to safe keep for him and one of the books was The Book of Moses. I was reading through this book and came upon a ceremony to make one wiser. I read it, thought about it and then gathered the tools to do the ceremony, there were several other ones i coulda done but being wise to me always seemed kinda regal, I don't know maybe it's just me. So I do the ceremony in an open field and go home. When I woke up the next morning I didn't feel any wiser and it kinda just slipped to the back of my mind.

This is where the Bruce Almighty statement comes in, "she don't work like that", she puts you in situations that will make you wiser. The next 27 yrs will attest to that, I have live, I have seen, I have experienced. Someday when I think back all I can do is shake my head and say wow! I am a people watcher and I promise watching folks has been some of the best lessons learned, not to mention some of the most entertaining.

So in the end I am not sure if the ceremony contributed to the lessons I have learned, but it does give me pause to think, be careful what you asked for because once spoken sets you up for the next lesson and you never know how that is gonna turn out or the roads you will have to travel to get to the final destination.

I wouldn't give nothing for the journey cause for sure I am wiser for it.

No comments: