Popular Posts

Friday, November 18, 2011

The Little Things

I don’t know how many of you out there watch Extreme Home Make Over, but it amazes me every week at the houses they build and the people they help. The little boy two weeks ago with the brittle bones, they gave him a life, and his own pool in his bedroom, or Job on last weeks show and the challenges he faces, this week granting a dying mans’ last wish for his family.

I was trying to think of somebody that would benefit from this show and then I listen each week to the amazing stories and remember my grandmother’s words, “I cried because I had no shoes till I met the man that had no feet”. When ever we think we got it bad, just look around and choose whose shoes you would want to walk in. It is not always the big things in life that leave a lasting impression but more times than not it is the little things that last forever.

For me the little things are what I cline to, like the smile on my grandbaby’s face when she looks up and suddenly see me. The sound of her voice ringing in my ears so full of innocence or starring into her eyes and seeing endless possibilities as this soul begins this journey called life.

Little things, little things, little things, like watching the flowers in this giant hanging pot on my front porch, they dance as the water reaches their roots, just a little bobbing up and down, or the new flower just starting to bloom on the tomato plant, soon to be a bright red juicy delectable fruit to be savored. Nothing tastes better than a fresh picked tomato with just a little bit of Johnny’s seasoning on it.

The little things, like being able to walk around the block with out having to stop for breath for still being able to swim a lap in the pool So many little things that we take for granted, The Little things.

No comments: