Popular Posts

Friday, November 18, 2011

A Moment In Time

I was sitting in my favorite easy chair and I must have doze just a bit. The doorbell awakens me and I fumble with the lock trying to open the door. I saw an older woman standing beneath the old oak tree with her back to me. She was dressed in casual clothes befitting to a woman of her age. Giving off an aura of wisdom and self-assurance. She saw me peeking at her from a far, not quite ready to open the door. Causally she plucked a chair it seemed out of thin air, putting her feet up as she took a seat. As I studied her there in the door; I could see the flecks of gray mingled in her hair. The tale, tale signs of laughter shared danced in her eyes. The slumped of her shoulders spoke of burdens born out of despair. Who was this woman and what did she want. A smiled played at the corners of her mouth as she said, "I’ll wait someday you’ll let me in".

With a wave of her hand I was transported it seemed back in time as I watched a little girl playing with her dolls. This child with an angel’s face smiled at me and asked, "Hey do you remember this place"? It was my mother’s house on a Sunday morning as I struggled to shake the wraps of being a little girl just starting her journey in this world. Yes indeed I did remember. Scenes from a different time reflecting back on the youth that was once mine. With a wave of her hand and now I stand in another moment frozen in time producing hologram pictures of the history in my mind. Quickly the picture changes to the delivery room where I first marveled at the recreation in birth. As I wonder why I am here my heart quickens her voice causes just a little apprehension. My spirit is calmed as she assures me she is not death, and not here to take me for that long rest.

Why then I asked her is she here? From me my child you have nothing to fear I have merely shown you who you were and how far you have come. It seems I must have fallen back to sleep for when I awoke it was with a sense of peace. My senses holding on to the fragment of a dream, it seems like it was important what ever it was. Someone has left the door ajar and I hear a voice that says never worry I’m not far. Remember me? I’m you that shooting star!

No comments: